- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel i5-4590 processor equivalent or greater
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 980 or greater
- Storage: 3 GB available space
Genre: Interactive storytelling about Japan
Beyond Tokyo is a VR adventure around Shibuya in Tokyo Japan. Get a taste of the unique culture of Japan by freely exploring a stylized Shibuya and experience different places - both popular and off the beaten path - via 360 videos, photos, narration, and storytelling.
- Experience one of the busiest intersections in the world from the center of Shibuya Crossing Scramble & in aerial view (360 video, time lapse video)
- Check out yakitori dishes and how Japanese “salarymen” eat at a local izakaya (360 video)
- Get a glimpse of how the fashion culture evolves in Harajuku (360 videos)
- Check out a “catch your own fish” sushi restaurant (video)
- Take an “umbrella ride” from Shibuya Crossing up to a rooftop shrine. Rooftop shrines exist in Japan - we’ll tell you a bit more up there! Check out Tokyo’s skyline day and night. (360 videos and pictures)
- Feel the Zen, and find out about “forest bathing” and “power spots” at Meiji Shrine (360 videos and photos, pictures-show-and-tell)
- Ring a giant bell, Suzu, for good luck:)
“Upside down” Shibuya
- Take a quick detour and check out a few famous urban legends in the area (pictures-show-and-tell)
- Walk through the famous LOVE statue for good luck in love:)
Stories about Hachiko & the “Wind Phone”
- Relive the story of Japan’s most loyal dog, from the perspective of his guardian, Professor Ueno. Check out a view of the majestic Mt. Fuji on the way...
- Learn about the backstory of Kaze no Denwa “the Wind Phone” - a true story about loss and love
We created Beyond Tokyo because:
- We love travel. Traveling gives us new perspectives and lenses, and helps us gain understanding and empathy - something that is all the more important today.
- We love Japan - who doesn’t?:) Not only the popular and the obvious - the food, the fashion, the energy, but also “beyond” that. We want to show you how locals live, transport you to off-the-beaten-path places that mean something to the people. And we want to reimagine the amazing stories about the very essence of the culture - such as the one about Hachiko, on loyalty, honor, and love, the Japanese way.
- We love VR. We love watching 360 videos of places around the world and “going places”. And we want more - to freely explore a new place immersively, and also see in reality how people live, and what’s unique about the culture.
With Beyond Tokyo, we’re excited to share all this with you, in virtual reality, so you could be as excited as we are in exploring Tokyo, and eventually travel there in real life as well.
It is a family-friendly experience for all ages and for anyone interested in traveling to Japan or learning more about Japanese culture.